Fleas can make your dog miserable, which is why killing fleas with monthly treatment is so important for your dog all year round. Here are the benefits you can expect from Advantage II for dogs:
Kills through contact so fleas don't have to bite to die
Kills all flea life stages
Kills reinfesting fleas within 2 hours i.e., fleas jumping on the dog after the product has been applied for 12 hours
Prevents fleas on a treated dog from infesting your home One treatment prevents further flea infestations for 1 month
Kills lice on dogs
Waterproof Recommend use of a non-detergent shampoo
Lasts for one month Convenient, once-a-month application
For use on dogs and pupplies 7 weeks of age and older
Advantage II combines two active ingredients:
Imidacloprid has been recommended by veterinarians for over 14 years as a way to attack the flea's nervous system – paralyzing and ultimately killing it.
Pyriproxyfen is an insect growth regulator (IGR) that kills fleas in the immature stages of their lifecycle.
This combination plays a crucial role in existing infestations, because:
- In an existing infestation you might only be aware of the adult fleas, which only represent around 5% of the full infestation.1
- Immature flea life stages (flea eggs, larvae and pupae) which live in the dog’s environment consist of around 95% of the infestation and can be almost invisible to the naked eye.
Directions for Use
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
How to Openscissors
- Be sure tube is at bottom of pouch.
- Using scissors, cut the pouch across the top and remove tube.
How to Apply
- Remove one applicator tube from the package. See "HOW TO OPEN" section.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position facing away from you and your pet's face and
eyes. Pull cap off tube.
- Turn the cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
- Twist cap to break seal, then remove cap from tube.
- For Small and Medium dogs:The dog should be standing for easy application. Part the hair on the
dog's back, between the shoulder blades, until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin
and squeeze the tube to expel the entire contents directly on the skin. Do not get this product in your
dog's eyes or allow your dog to ingest this product. Do not allow the product to run off.
For Large and Extra Large dogs:The dogs should be standing for easy application. Apply the entire
contents of the tube evenly to three or four spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base
of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and
gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of
solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog. Do not
get this product in your dog's eyes or allow your dog to ingest this product.
- Discard empty tube as described in Storage and Disposal section.
- Under normal conditions the product is effective for a month. However, in case of severe flea
infestation, retreatment may be necessary earlier than four (4) weeks. Do not retreat more often than
once every seven (7) days. After flea control is attained, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.